It’s ON

Rough morning.  I had to wake up at 5:00 to be on the road by 5:30 in order to get to my 7:00 appointment.  I didn’t realize that I needed gas so that put me behind a few minutes.  Then, when I got to the city the traffic was terrible!  I really didn’t leave in time for traffic, I thought I would be safe before 7:00.  I was wrong.  I ended up getting there at 7:30.  I tried to call but their phones go to the answering service until 8.   I was so stressed out when I got there.  They were really nice though and got me right in.

The tech didn’t say anything while she was doing the ultrasound and before I knew it she was done.   She brought me to a room and said my nurse would be in to talk about the results.  I started getting really nervous.  The nurse finally came in, looked at the report, and said “I need to track down the ultrasound tech because she documented that your lining is between 7 and 7.9 and I need to clarify with her because if it’s 7 we would have to reschedule your FET, 7.9 is fine.”  She left to find the tech and I got REALLY REALLY nervous.  When she came back she said the tech looked at the images and determined that my lining is 7.5.  She explained that 7.5 is questionable and she’ll have to check with the doctor to see what he thinks.  Then she went on to tell me that not only is my doctor out of town this week, he is out of the country and impossible to get a hold of.  Sometimes he calls in and she could ask him but most likely she’ll have to check with another doctor.

Then on to blood work.  The woman who did my blood work is really sweet and she’s been working there ever since I started going there so we were chatting and she shared with me that her daughter is prepping for a FET right now also.  But, they are going to have to move up her FET a few days since her lining looks so good.  Did I really need to hear that right at that moment?

When I left the office the nurse told me she would call me later after she gets the blood work back and talks to a doctor.

The drive home didn’t get any better.  My work gives everyone two hours paid to vote on election day so I scheduled myself to come in at 9:30 and mailed in my ballot early.  It worked out so good that election day was the same day I needed my lining check and blood work so I didn’t have to come up with an excuse to get out of work.  I really needed to get to work by 9:30 though.  I was running a little late on my drive back and really needed to stop at home before I went in to work because I didn’t take on of my Estradoil pills thinking I would have plenty of time to stop by the house and take it.  I got stuck in a line of cars behind a semi going SO slow down a mountain pass with no passing lane and that’s where I lost it.  I kept looking at the clock and knew there was no way I was going to make it on time to work.  I called Guillermo bawling and asked him if there was any way he could meet me on my way to work with the Estradoil so I wouldn’t have to go miles out of the way to get it at home.  He is so sweet, he met me with the pills and lunch to bring to work.  I think I freaked him out crying.  Stupid hormones and stress.  I made it to work just 10 minutes late.

I walked into madness at work, it was so busy.  It was actually a relief to get everything off my mind and just work.  I finally got the call around 4:30 and didn’t even hear my cell phone ring.  The nurse left me a message saying  she spoke with the doctor and everything is good  to move forward with the FET on the 12th!! YAY!  Wow what a relief, I was so worried that I would have to reschedule again.

The rough morning turned into a much better evening.  I stopped by the pharmacy on the way home from work to pick up refills on the Vivelle Patches and Estradoil and my  insurance covered it 100%.  That saved me about $700.  My insurance covered the initial prescriptions but I was worried that it was a mistake and they would notice and not cover any refills.  The insurance I had when I went through IVF and the first FET wouldn’t cover any of the meds until I had a positive pregnancy test.

Six more days!  Tonight is my last Lupron injection and tomorrow I start the Endometrin. It’s finally feeling real.   I saw a shooting star while walking to the mail box tonight and I’m sure you can guess what I wished for.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to It’s ON

  1. Aspgriswold says:

    So happy to hear that everything turned out okay!! Six days!! That is coming up. Wishing you so much luck on this cycle!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s